Professional soccer’s K League One (K1) Jeju United defeated FC Seoul with a late goal from Han Jong-moo to move into the top half of the table.

Han Jong-moo’s last-minute goal gave Jeju a 3-2 home win over Seoul in the 21st round of the Hana Bank K League 1 2024 at Jeju World Cup Stadium on Saturday.

With the victory, Jeju moved up one spot to seventh place (26 points) after defeating Seoul at home, which had been on a three-game winning streak.

They are just one point behind Seoul, 파워볼게임 who remain in sixth place (27 points).

Jeju, who had only scored multiple goals in one match this season, showed a different offense by scoring three goals for the first time.

With Seoul, the more dominant side, narrowly missing the target or being denied by Jeju goalkeeper Kim Dong-joon, Jeju made it 2-0 at halftime with a pair of stunning mid-range strikes.

In the seventh minute, Italo’s heeled pass to Seo Jin-soo on the left side of the penalty area rattled the net with a right-footed turning shot.

In the 23rd minute, midfielder Lim Chang-woo intercepted the ball in the midfield and ran straight to the penalty area, where he fired a powerful shot with his right foot to add a second goal.

It was the debut goal for Lim, who joined Jeju from Gangwon FC last summer.

Seoul, who refused to give up and poured into Jeju’s territory, tied the game in the second half with a multi-goal effort from Ilyuchenko.

After Lee Tae-seok headed home a cross from the left in the seventh minute, Ilyuchenko made it 2-2 in the 26th minute by finishing a forward pass from Palosevic, who replaced Lingard, with a left-footed shot.

With his 11th goal of the season, Ilyuchenko leapfrogged Mugosa (10- Incheon) into sole possession of the league scoring lead.

The third point, however, belonged to Jeju, who had the sharper offense.

In the 43rd minute of the second half, Han Jong-mu took a pass from Seo Jin-soo, got in front of a defender, and slotted a left-footed shot into the net to give Jeju the win.

Han Jong-moo, a 21-year-old midfielder with a good dribbling ability, has been playing more games this season (17) and expanding his position in the team.

The match, played in sweltering temperatures of 27 degrees Celsius and 86 percent humidity, was interrupted twice by cooling breaks and a spectator requiring medical attention, resulting in more than 15 minutes of first-half stoppage time.

12,409 people attended the Jeju World Cup Stadium, setting a new stadium attendance record. The previous record was 10,41 on April 2 last year against Jeonbuk Hyundai.

At DGB Daegu Bank Park, bottom-of-the-table Daegu FC battled to a dramatic 3-3 draw with the top-ranked Pohang Steelers.

Daegu, who snapped a two-match losing streak, remained in 10th place (21 points), while Pohang, who could have overtaken them with a win, remained in third place (38 points).

In a chaotic match that saw two players sent off for each side, Pohang head coach Park Tae-ha sent off, and a theatrical equalizer in stoppage time, Sejingya reaffirmed his status as the ‘King of Daegu’ by scoring Daegu’s first and last goals.

Sejingya opened the scoring in the 29th minute when he capitalized on an opponent’s passing mistake, collected the ball near the penalty spot, and unleashed a delicate right-footed shot into the right side of the net.

There was a twist in the first half.

Pohang’s Yoo Hae-joon was shown a yellow card for repeatedly protesting referee Kim Jong-hyuk and was sent off for accumulating cautions.

Coach Park Tae-ha, who protested strongly, was also sent off and benched.

That wasn’t the end of it. In the 47th minute, Daegu’s Yoshino hit an opponent with an elbow and was immediately shown a red card and sent off.

Pohang responded with back-to-back goals from Jung Jae-hee in the 51st minute and Hong Yoon-sang in the 10th minute of the second half, but Daegu equalized in the 17th minute of the second half through Edgar.

Pohang regained the lead in the 23rd minute of the second half through Lee Ho-jae’s goal following Oberdan’s cutback and looked to be on the verge of victory.

However, Sejingya came to the rescue for Daegu.

In the 41st minute of the second half, he won the ball in a chaotic situation, drove to the left side of the goal area and fired a left-footed shot with little angle, which hit the left post and went into the net.

Sejingya coolly threw off his jacket, roared, and happily received a yellow card.

Daegu looked to have won the game with a goal from Kim Jin-hyuk in stoppage time, but had to settle for a draw as the goal was disallowed after Edgar was shown to have committed a handball foul in the build-up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *